14 September 2010

soka, subway, frutti tutti, couque D'asses and words

The first in a long series of achievements for Soka University of America, my precious alma mater-- As everyone I'm sure knows by now, it was ranked:

(1) Top 25 most desirable small schools (#24)
(2) Top 20 most desirable suburban schools (#20)
(3) Top 15 in diversity (#12)

It also ranked in the top 25 in other categories. Proud is all I can say! See http://education.newsweek.com/2010/09/12/the-25-most-desirable-small-schools.all.html for more details.


foot long BLT
 On a completely different note, I think I'm hooked to Subway. Five dollar footlongs are no joke. Recently I've been into the footlong BLTs, but I often go with the Spicy Italian. I'm not sure who founded Subway, but the business model is incredibly genius. Despite having to keep veggies fresh, it came at a time all there was was fast food. Of course it will catch on - especially if it's cheap!

Speaking of good business models, I forgot how much ellicott city (my hometown, where I reside now) has gone through an asian revolution. The city was already asian-a-fied before I left for college, but its even more so now. Unfortunatley, this is one of the wealthiest cities in the country, and because of that, it attracts people with ... money - how severely difficult that may be to understand I do not know. So, we have many rich and successful asians, but particularly koreans and chinese. The business model I was referring to is, a recent korean-american SoCal-like do-it-yourself yogurtland type place. It's called Tutti Frutti and its all the rage. Welcome to west coast asian-american culture Ellicott City - congratulations! Bring the west to the east - that business model seems to work. I must admit I tried the yogurt there (with mochi balls and gummy bears on top), and it was damn good.

While I was looking through my phone to look for pictures of Tutti Frutti (to no avail), I ended up finding this picture of ryosuke with this snack below. I don't know what coque D'asses are, but it doesn't sound very good.


Couque D'asses
Thesaurus?

Finally, while working today, I couldn't help but to notice this "Dictionary of Synonyms." Isn't that ... a Thesaurus? Speak of synonyms.

4 comments:

  1. those cookies are bomb. i can't believe you never tried them!! i never tried tutti frutti before but i like the design. i'm kinda over the yogurt thing, unless it's winter and the pomegranate comes out. i'll get the yogurt just for the pomegranate topping! and i was thinking, did you open that dictionary? maybe it provides the definition plus synonyms... because the thesauruses i know only provide synonyms straight on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couque D'asses are good??! I should probably stop judging w/o trying...
    The dictionary has not opened, but I guess you're right - Thesaurus's also include antonyms...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or, may be the dictionary of synonyms is a clever way to express a synonym for the word "Thesaurus"

    - Reker

    ReplyDelete
  4. david... you didnt tell me you had a blogger account.

    ReplyDelete