The function ctrl + shift + space associates two or more words seperated by a space so that they are on the same line in Microsoft Word. So if I'm typing, say, Law School, the 'law' and the 'school' would never be seperated. Whoever made up this function should be awarded a prize. It's genious.
Speaking of awards, my Real Estate Law professor was recently awarded a fulbright under the U.S. Scholars Program to go to teach in China. For those who don't know what that is, it's a program sponsored by the US Department of State that pays for established scholars to go abroad to research and teach. The fulbright is intended to encourage international exchange.
My professor offered me an RA position, but I'm a little hesitant to take it considering my overloaded schedule. The tough thing is that she has the exact same academic interests as I do (land use, development, and international law) so I'm trying to decide what to do. I already wrote extensively about Chinese land use, and I'm more than satisifed with the subjects she will research and teach at in China. Any advice on this matter would be helpful.
sooo many opportunities for you! congrats :) will u be going to china again?
ReplyDeleteand whatever about the space thing... end
jump for jooooy! congrats to your prof! and julie, he asked specifically for advice! dude, GO. when would it be? it doesn't matter, GO.
ReplyDeleteand i stopped reading the space explanation paragraph halfway because i knew i wouldn't understand.
hey guys! Thanks for the feedback.
ReplyDeleteActually I won't go to China (at least I dont think, unless she wants me to join her during the winter break sometime to set up), but I will be helping her prepare everything pre-departure. I think you guys are right, I think I'm going to take it. This semester is already packed, but I guess when am I ever going to have this opportunity again? I'll do it!