02 April 2011

april musings

Thanks for all the comments and emails from the last post.  I went into the office yesterday, and wow.  I love the darn place.  The firm is relatively new, and the partners obviously value the energy and potential of youth.  All the paralegals are around my age, and the vast majority of the attorneys are in their 40s of younger.  It makes the entire atmosphere of the office lively and just more fun to be at.  Our firm lunch was also really cool - everyone played some hilarious April Fools jokes and we spoke about some of the stuff going on in our lives around a big table.  What an awesome firm . . . It's tough beating the traffic on the beltway in the early morn, but it's definitely worth it.  My only wish is that I could find the time to go in more than a day a week.

Awkwardly enough, I've found some time to rest over the past these past two days.  I was on overdrive for the last bits of March and most of the deadlines I had to fell within the past week.  I felt like I completed all the hurdles and now I'm preparing to accelerate for the full dash until the end of the semester.  Just one more month!  I was going to visit D.C. for the cherry blossom festival today but alas, my lethargy overcame me.  It's a little colder than I expected too, so I may go down tomorrow if someone else is still willing to go with!

"Winter turns to Spring.  The tile is a quote from the 13th century Japanese priest, Nichiren Daishonin, whose teachings are the basis of Nichiren Buddhism.  The sun peaking over a moss-covered branch, early spring in Fremont, California (March 2009).  Canon S2 (macro), texture added." - credits: Ellicott Designs

The cherry blossoms mark the beginning of spring for me, but it certainly doesn't feel like it right now.  The weather gods have been playing puppet master and have kept the temps in the mid 40s for a long time (with random dips into the teens and 20s).  That said, I certainly feel that my past few weeks of overcoming much of the dirt in my life has neatly played out the Daishonin's words: "Winter always turns to spring."

Birthday shout-out to Heain.  Happy 23rd!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear that you've landed yourself in a healthy and supportive working environment! What a fortune! c: I hope you find it really enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Eric :) did you end up making it out to DC? I was there on Sat. The weather couldn't decide what it wanted to do. It would rain for a hot sec, then the next minute it was sunny. Cherry blossoms were so beautiful, though! Hope you get to see them before they're all gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't end up going to DC... I kind of regret it, but it will all be okay if I secure a job within the next few weeks :)

    ReplyDelete