04 July 2012

july 4

Today we celebrate our independence from Great Britain. But since my mom has been in Japan, I feel like my dad and I are celebrating our independence from my mother. Most of the house chores shifted to my dad, but of course he forces me along.  I can't tell if I'm his son or his babysitter (I say this knowing that I owe my parents a huge debt of gratitude).

We went to LOTTE for some shopping.


When was Unagi 20 dollars?! Good gracious. Then of course, my dad uses the opportunity to buy his goodies. A lot of beer, and CALPIS (I thought they changed it to CALPICO in America?).

おとん:カルピスいくらだ
おれ:Doesn't say。欲しいなら買えばいいじゃん
おとん:別に欲しいわけじゃない
おれ:え、欲しいから買うんでしょ
おとん:まあ、そういうもんだ

?



2 comments:

  1. Hahahah.. independence from your mom? That's sooo cute. Hahah.. Don't u like calpico too? =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still a momma's boy lol. I love Calpico! I think I love Pocari Sweat more .. mmm!

      Delete