26 May 2011

fleeting thoughts

I'm engaged in some intense catch-up for my bar review so I don't have much time, but I had some random and incomplete thoughts I wanted jot down.  Here's my chicken scratch:

Microsoft - old-fashioned, rigid, but foundational
Google - simple but innovative and smart
Apple - User-friendly and popular

Tagore - " - what do I mean by my payers?"

After explaining to my friend that I got hooked to Angry Birds at the wrong time, right when bar prep started, the following ensued:
Friend:  "you know who created that app, don't you?"
Me:  "no, who?"
Friend:  "The Devil of the Sixth Heaven."
Me:  (hurt, because I know it's true)
Friend:  DSH enterprises

I had to escape my house for a little in order to get stuff done.  I did a little Barnes and Noble and that helped me to focus.  I like books and the smell of coffee.  And coffee itself, occasionally - or, when I need it.  Felt like LSAT all over again, fused with some reminiscent high school weekend afternoons.

3 comments:

  1. i DLed angry birds, played it once and erased it. i wondered for awhile if i DLed the wrong one because i did not see the joy of it at all. i'm going to the alumni meeting tomorrow, and i'll be missing you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just saw your photos from grad! you look great! BTW, my masters diploma is still in its plastic baggie tucked away in a drawer somewhere in the dining room, and it's pretty big too. i was praying that it wouldn't tear apart in my suitcase on my way home. it really does deserve a frame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol I deleted angry birds and you wouldn't believe how much work I got done today. Finally on schedule!

    Thanks for the comments on the grad pics :) The pictures turned out pretty good. The diploma is nearly 2 feet long on each side. I had trouble finding a big enough frame! You should be cool and prop your harvard, and more importantly, your SUA diplomas on your wall at work.

    ReplyDelete